Our Immigration Service (IASA) is representative of Aruba’s overall dedication to unmatched hospitality. We strive to ensure that every experience, even from that very first encounter, properly conveys our appreciation for all our many visitors.
Along with offering a welcoming smile, IASA plays the essential role of securing your safety, in looking after all the details that provide for individual security as well as for the wellbeing of the general community and environment. In this way, IASA contributes to our end goal of affording you a carefree, truly remarkable vacation experience.
From the moment you step on island, IASA is there for you, securing your safety, and offering the first of many warm “bonbini” greetings you can look forward to receiving on Aruba.
The objective of the Immigration Service / IASA is:
“Ensuring an optimal border control, that is to monitor the compliance with the Admission Decree and its implementing regulations, as is stated in the admission, expulsion, and deportation Ordinance.”
The duties of the Immigration Service / IASA are as followed:
- To check travel documents (passport, visa, inflight letters, etc.) of incoming and outgoing passengers for validity, authenticity etc.;
- Customs clearance of passengers;
- Ensuring that expelled aliens are removed from the land, either by plane or by boat, and that he/she is added to the list of alerts (blacklist);
- Providing information to other departments and other organizations including the Aruba police force (KPA), foreign relations (DBB), department of alien integration, policy and admission on the island of Aruba (DIMAS) regarding the travel behavior, and whether the residence status of aliens.
Our Immigration Service ‘Migracion Aruba’ (IASA) is representative of Aruba’s overall dedication to unmatched hospitality. We strive to ensure that the very first encounter properly conveys our appreciation for our visitors.
Migracion Aruba plays the essential role of securing safety, in looking after all details that provide for individual security as well as for wellbeing of the general community and environment.
In this way, we contribute to our end goal of affording a carefree, truly remarkable vacation experience, from the moment you set foot on island: ‘bonbini’!
Mission Migracion Aruba
The mission for Migracion Aruba is as follows:
‘Ensuring an optimal border control, meaning to monitor compliance with the Admission Decree and its implementing regulations, as is stated in the admission, expulsion, and deportation Ordinance, for the purpose of a safe Aruba.’
The tasks of Migracion Aruba are:
- To control travel documentation (a.o. passport, visa, inflight letters) for both inbound as well as outbound travelers regarding validity and authenticity;
- The (border) clearance of travelers;
- To take care of removal of illegal aliens, either by aeroplane or vessel, and placement thereof on a signaling list (black list);
- To provide information regarding the travel behavior and the residential status of foreignors to other departments and organizations, such as the Police Force (Korps Politie Aruba - KPA), Foreign Affairs (Directie Buitenlandse Betrekkingen - DBB) and the Admission authorities (Departamento di Integracion, Maneho y Admision di Stranhero - DIMAS).
Vision Migracion Aruba
‘To ensure optimal support to the government of Aruba in regulating Aruban migration, facilitation of travelers and – as an integral part hereof – border control in the interest of the travelers as well as the Aruba economy.’
- Data-driven implementation of controls through an increased focus on information gathering, analysis and exchange in order to efficiently create an integral risk picture/pattern and to execute targeted individuals checks;
- The determination and maintenance of the desired control level at the border;
- A better coordination and combination of supervision and enforcement at the border;
- Support other government departments and organizations based on IATA’s expertise;
- Strive for an optimal service delivery and cooperation with authorities, internal and external partners, and travelers;
- Problem solving, customer and quality oriented professional attitude;
- Develop a sustainable, exceptional and professional service delivery.
Migracion Aruba operates under the following core values:
We feature the necessary expertise, skills and competencies to execute our mission under the highest ethical norms and professional quality and always striving for performance improvement.
We recognize the human value in everyone’s role by showing respect and acknowledge the value and importance of people and entities.
In collaboration with relevant national authorities and other stakeholders, we manage Aruba’s borders and strive for optimal cooperation. Both within the organization as well as through external stakeholders, we strive to accomplish common goals.
We are reliable, punctual and provide quality services in complying with our responsibilities.
• We Care
As government employees, we serve the interests of all citizens, especially the traveling citizen, because we care about people and believe in our values.
If you have questions regarding the online ED-card, please visit our FAQ section. In the case that you are unable to find an answer to your question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org